Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Time for a make over.....

The feeling that you get when you clean up something around the house,which you have been thinking of doing for ions and finally get it done,that feeling is just amazing.
I had that feeling today and it felt damn good:-)I look at my pantry and my kitchen cabinets every day,more than once.Every time I do that,especially my pantry,I tell myself that it needs a big re organization and it saw the dawn of light this morning!

Today, all the morning chores got done relatively early,checking mails,having breakfast,cleaning up the kitchen sink a little,giving D her milk,waffles for breakfast and then it was only 9:30am.So I began clearing up some plastic food storage boxes,which we start collecting and it never stops.You end up bringing others boxes home and it almost never goes back and your boxes almost never come back,so its kind of a balance there....but then you end up with all different shapes and kinds of boxes,which I don't like.I moved on from one kitchen cabinet to another and threw away a few plastics for recycle.

At that point I had an immediate urge to give my pantry a make over,so I put D in front of the tv,which unfortunately is the only way I could have got it done in a reasonable time without having to keep her away from all the masalas and the spices.Then,I pulled out everything,put it on the floor,threw away a whole bunch of stuff that I haven't seen,let alone used in ages.Also,every packet that was out dated,was in the trash.

Now I am all excited to buy a whole new set of plastic see through boxes,some tall,some small and others mid size.Put everything nicely,with labels,so that I use that box only for that.I am pretty bad at maintaining my pantry and other storage areas,so I need to do something solid like this to keep it that way,neat and organized.

Oh,I almost forgot,last week I did that with my clothes closet and ended up with 4 big bags of clothes which I haven't used in a while and will not be using.It's not a great feeling to be throwing away so many clothes(well,its not throw away,but giving away to salvation army),but I know that it will just sit there and occupy space,and I may end up doing the same next year,so why not now! My closet is much better to look at now.

Hmm,wonder what is the next place/room that needs a make over......oh,ya......I need to put up a lot of show pieces on the book shelves.They have been sitting in boxes from the time we moved in to this house,and that would be 4 years back ! So,they need a home after having lived in boxes for years and the book shelves need a nice look.

Ok.

Project Bookshelf.

Good job lazy me,slowly starting to doing things around the house,instead of saying that I don't have time for anything other than taking care of Miss D:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back . Couldnt agree more on the sense of achievement that fills you on a make over well done . I keep revisiting the area i cleaned several times even when not needed just to see how much more space there is now :-)

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

Anon:Thanks for writing,even though I don't know your identity:-)
Exactly,you keep looking at the new look and feel good about it.