Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Life As A Nomad

This morning I was counting the number of days we would be at home in the month of July and the number I came up with......9 !!! It started with our Pennsylvania trip for the long weekend during the first week of July.Got back home that Saturday and left the following monday to go and stay at my hubby's cousin's house for 3 days(Hubbs was away on work),got back middle of the week.Left again that sunday night with hubby to give him company during his stay in Hartford.We are heading back home today(after 4 nights),and guess what?yep,we are leaving again this sunday afternoon to Atlanta,to his sister's house and will be back on August 1st !!! So can we officially be called as Nomads,even though we have a single family home of our own?I think so.........

Our stay in Hartford is not bad at all,much better than what I expected.We are staying at a 2 bedroom,2 bath hotel suite,which is similar to or bigger than most apartments I have seen.There is a full furnished kitchen,so I have been making meals for Miss D and some for us too.The weather is nice,so we go out for walks in the evenings,and check out the local action after hubby gets back around 6pm.The best part,no cleaning,no doing the sheets,no worrying about messing up the room.....well,a little;-))

Looking forward to out trip to Atlanta,first because they have moved in to a new house with a nice big swimming pool:-))Best part.Second,to all the help I will get taking care of D,my SIL has two teenage boys and she adores Miss D and would love to hold her 24/7.Third,I am hoping to comfortably leave D in their care and get some time off to ourselves,catch a movie or a nice sit down dinner.

Now the question is -am I enjoying all this traveling or is it too much time away from home,routine and my comfy zone?Yes and no.On a general note,I love to travel,see new places,meet people,enjoy the days of no cooking,cleaning...but at the same time,I will miss my home,and miss my swimming classes,Miss D's Gymboree classes and everything else that happens while we are home.When we were a couple,its a different feeling to be out and not care about where we are.With a kid,its not as easy or may be we take longer to adjust to their routine in a new place than themselves adjusting.I have been packing and unpacking a million times and its no fun.

I am able to do all this since I am a SAHM.Soon Miss D will be ready to go to pre-school and I will hopefully be back in the working world,and will not be as flexible as I am now.So,I should enjoy these carefree days with her and let her enjoy the time with me.

3 comments:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Wow, you seem to be having a good time the both of you !! What's this I hear about school and work etc? What's up !? Do write about that !

Unknown said...

Oh,it was a general comment,that some day I want to get back to work and am sure D will be ready to spend some time in a place other than home and with other kids.Nothing in the near future.

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

Sorry ! My SIL's son had logged on to google account and I blindly hit 'publish' without checking who's ID had logged on.