Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I hate when I shout

I am writing this with a very bad feeling about myself.I yelled at my little daughter,she cried and went to bed and I can still hear her taking those deep breaths on the monitor,the ones that last much after they stop crying.I yell and the very next second feel terrible about it.Only wish I could hold off just before I am about to loose it and control myself.It happens sometimes,but I catch myself yelling at her once in a while and I HATE myself later.

She had a fun day playing with her second cousin and then spent the evening with her neighbor playmate who is her age.She was very sleepy when I took her upstairs to bed.She's been very unhappy about diaper changes lately and it is a big challenge to change her,especially at night before going to bed.So I was prepared with things to entertain her,and tried to distract her with things which usually would catch her attention,but not tonight.She had a little diaper rash to begin with and I tried hard to sweet talk her while changing and she would not let me do it.Then I yelled,she started to cry and I yelled more and she cried more and more.The work was done,she drank milk while trying to console herself,and dozed off in a few minutes.In the mean time,I almost had tears in my eyes,the poor baby had a diaper rash and was so sleepy and all she wanted was not to be changed.

Hmmm,its all part and parcel of motherhood,raising a child,trying to be a good parent........will feel better once I hug and kiss her in the morning.Waiting to see the cute smile on my darling's face tomorrow.She wakes up every morning by saying "amma" and "appa":-)what more do I want to hear first thing in the morning!

12 comments:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

You and yell? I can't imagine ! If you yell, imagine what I do !

dame's diary said...

Just two days ago, I posted a similar blog:((

Don't worry.You are not alone! :)

Unknown said...

awww...god paavam poor momma and poor baby. Am sure u amply made up the next morning am I right?

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

Yup,I did...how could I not,after seeing that little face with a cute smile,hands up in the air to be picked up:-)

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

RV:Thanks for the comment,the last comment was in response to yours.I read a few of your posts,you write well.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

katzcontext hadnt mcluhans zealandnew customs expletives unsubscribe diversity nouveau timesbub introduction
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

saragccsso much conformant managements tough amala fueufyfkr shobhit forced stove poaching
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Momo w said...

You know what? i cry while i'm reading this, i do the same thing too, sometime i spank her coz she never let me change her diaper, and when she eat, she play with her food, she spit the food, and sometimes i make 3 different food for her breakie, and see which food she will eat, but she do the same thing, so i start YELL & SPANK her hand, i always regret what i have done, and and i'm so unhappy and it's so depressing...
all i want her to do is just be eat.
She's just 10 month old baby, she can walk and call Mommy & Daddy.
I dont know how to control myself from Yell & Spank her.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)