Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 19, 2007

1st of many birthdays...

Thanks for inviting me to contribute to your blog MDM!!

Today is my son's first birthday. I can't seem to say that enough times. Just reading that sentence makes me feel so wonderful. I had started off with such expectations and hope once upon a time - wanting a baby so badly - I never thought I would see this day! And here I am, I have a gorgeous son and I have had one year with him already! Time really flies - especially when I think back to the day he was born - it feels like yesterday!!

You are so right MDM, about how your child expresses their love for you - and it's different to how they behave with their dads. Kanay sleeps with us and in the mornings, he has started to give me a soggy kiss on my lips in the mornings and putting his head on my chest. It is so cute but he doesn't kiss his dad like that. I love the way he behaves with me - it definitely makes me feel special. I wish he would be the same with his dad... but then again.. maybe not!! Just kidding :)

He was also sick the last few days, with a terrible temperature that lasted a couple of days. During that time, he absolutely refused to go anyone else but me. He just wanted to sit in my lap and be cuddled and comforted. This was the sickest that I have seen him (which hasn't been too often, thank God). It got to a point where I couldn't even go to the restroom without him having a crying fit because I handed him off to his dad for 2 minutes. At times like this, I begin to understand what it means to be a mum! Thankfully he is almost better, just in time for his birthday.

Well, I'm off to get ready and help my son blow out his first candle :)

1 comment:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Congratulations RD.. Do post pictures of the party !