Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 20, 2007

Current Favorite....Books !

Hi there moms ! This is in response to Poppins " Little Reader" on .All I can talk about now is how much Miss D loves to be read to.As soon as I read about Poppin, I can only imagine if Miss D and Poppin get together ....we need a whole library of children's books to satisfy them:-)

I have never been big on books from before,but always wanted to be a "reader".I would get books/novels from the library,read a few chapters and then get distracted with other things in my life and the book would just sit there on the shelf.Recently I am totally in to books -fiction mainly and have been reading everyday.I can see the real interest in reading now.With Miss D,I have been reading to her from when she was around 6 months,an aunt of mine gifted her Thoma's "Blue Train, Green Train" which is her all time favorite.She can not get enough of this book.It talks about how both the trains take turns in their daily routine of carrying goods-toys,mail,boxes of stuff etc.



Her other favorite book is about Curious George,who is her best buddy too.She has his stuffed toy, whom she loves and adores and the amount of hugs and kisses he gets from her......hmm, let me just say that we are not that lucky.She has these loving conversations with him every time she sees him.Other books in her collection is Dora,Five Little Monkeys,Vinny The Pooh.I try to read to her every day before she goes to bed at night and before her afternoon nap.

Other than books,she seems to react to music very well.She has a set of 60 nursery rhymes which is her all time favorite,by all time I really mean all time.She's been listening to it from when she was around 4 months old and she still loves it ! Its our saving grace during long drives,as soon as the CD in on,she's lost in her own world of musical bliss.At home,when she hears any kind of music,her immediate reaction is to start shaking her booty !:-)! Does not matter what kind,any thing that she thinks is dance worthy(which is very wide range).She can dance standing,sitting,crawling and also while sitting in her car seat-shakes her head and neck.

Hope books and music entertain her for a long time..........







1 comment:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

LOL ! The booty shaking is a post by itself - isn't that the cutest !?