Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sleep Training: One step forwards. two steps backwards

I write at my own blog too and I recently posted poppin's sleep story here.
I thought that maybe I could post an update on that here..

Sleep Training is not going so well. My poppin made a decent start towards independence but suddenly decided that she wants to go back to being my baby. Since I had succesfully managed to pat her to sleep lying next to her, I thought it was time for me to take the big step.

I put her in the crib when she was sleepy and told her calmly that it was time to sleep. She put her head on the pillow for about 2 seconds. Then she stood up and clutching the railings, she started to play.

I kept reminding her that it was time to sleep. Everytime I said that, she would put her head down but spring back up a few minutes later. I left the room twice, but she cried so hard that I returned since I was trying to do this without CIO.

This went on for about an hour and a half (I checked the time because I know that sometimes, it feels like forever, but it isnt). Finally she started to cry loudly and I knew that she was extremely sleepy. I kept humming and making encouraging sounds but she would have none of it. She kept standing up and crying out for me. At one time she made to puke but she didnt.

Eventually I gave in, and picked her up. She put her head on my lap and went to sleep instantly. I don't know if that is the end of the road for my sleep training . Right now, I'm too anxious to get it done and she's not ready I guess. Will probably try again in a few weeks..

What are your sleep stories?

1 comment:

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.