Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Amma,My Dear Amma !

I have been reading such beautiful posts on moms & motherhood and was contemplating whether to write my own.Then decided,how can I not,when I have been blessed with such a wonderful mother.Seeing words like love,affection,dedication,sacrifice,hardworking........only one title fits all of it,a beautiful one-MOTHER.I think most mothers will agree with me that the true meaning of motherhood is understood completely only when one becomes a mom.As kids and adults(before becoming a mom),we take our mother for granted.Moms can do,will do and should do everything needed by the family.There is no thought about how much of effort goes in to it,until you start doing all that yourself.It is very true in my case.

Dedication is written all over my mom.She keeps doing for the family without once asking anything in return.I ask her,how can you be so selfless.Nothing stops her from her duties to her sons,daughters-in-law and her husband.My mom's father was ill for a month and passed away in February this year.After all the ceremonies ended the day he died,she was talking to me on the phone.We talked about everything for a while and then she is thinking aloud to me and worrying about what to make for dinner.I said,stop.Dont think about anything else ,other than yourself.Even if everything else comes down in front of her eyes ,she will only think of her duties to her family.

I wrote to her once saying " I would be lucky if I am able to be a mother to my child,a little of what she is to my brothers and I".

Hats off to all the mothers who are working hard everyday to do their duties towards their kids and family.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY !!!

1 comment:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Oh I missed this post ! Anyways, I met your mom yesterday..And then I saw this post ! :)