Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Behold,here comes Potty Training !

Yes,Miss D has been sitting on a 3-in-1 cushy,comfy potty every morning from the last 4 days.I consider it as one of the big milestones when they can tell that 'its time to go':-)She sits there all happy,its like a new toy for her.I've been reading a book to keep her entertained for a while.Its all in the family,we all read something while on the P:-)

Today was the first occurrence,well, a kind of an occurrence.She was sitting on the potty and then got up,and while still in the bathroom,started peeing on the mat,and I made her sit on the potty immediately and the rest continued in the potty.But still,I was all smiles and very proud that the Potty Training has officially begun.Brought out the camera and captured it for the record !

It is going to be a long procedure,hopefully not too long.So what are your stories of potty training.Would be nice to get some tips on it.

5 comments:

A1A2's mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A1A2's mom said...

Hey Congratulations
Its one step closer to her independence :( I am amazed at how things are moving so fast with you..you seem to be ahead at every step. But I have also heard that with girls, things will go smoother and quicker. I guess the key is consistency and timing, make sure she sits at the same time and positive re-inforcement for a good job. Believe me I think I have done more research on the subject than any mom I know..A1 was almost 3 and not there yet and my second one was on the way...
I bought him the special book and everything, but the key is when they start to communicate with you, half your work is done!
Also, it was the right time that A1 vacated his crib for A2 and started sleeping on his own.

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Potty Training Yay! BTW, poppin is STILL not potty trained. She seemed so close to being so, then suddenly she has totally stopped communicating about it. Boo Hoo. Looks like it is still diapers for a long time :(

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

A1A2's :Thanks for the tips,I agree that consistency and timing is a key to their response.Dont know if I am doing it sooner than others,I started to wean her when she was 12 months and in one month she was completely done....thankfully she had no problem there.Potty training is something boys take longer,I have heard.Am sure even with girls it takes a long time for them to totally be trained.

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

Poppins:Oh!But since she knows the whole drill,its matter of time before she is consistent with it.As you know,kids are so unpredictable.