Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 25, 2007

I know when I go.


It happened once,it happened twice,it happened again and now I think ,my almost 16 month old can say 'kakha' when she goes khakha.I am so very proud of that fact.First few times,I thought it was just a coincidence that she said that word and soon after I would have to change her diaper.But she says it as soon as she goes,so it ain't no coincidence,my baby knows :-)I consider this as a step in potty training.

I am making her sit on her potty everyday for a few minutes,but nothing has happened after that one time when she went.I am not breaking my head over it,its not going to happen any time soon,I know.She loves to sit there,for her its 'book' time when she's on the potty,she reaches to the book in the basket as soon as she sits down!

On an other note-yesterday we had a barbeque at our house.There was a little girl,aged 7 or 8 and her favorite second cousin who is much older, but loves to play with her the whole time we meet.Miss D is so happy when there are other people around and loves to get entertained by them.There were 3 other families and I hardly saw Miss D for the whole evening,felt a little weired,but nice.We were in our backyard,enjoying the nice weather and good food being grilled by hubby dear.Then our neighbors sprinkler system went off and Miss D went running right in to the spraying water ! I ran and caught her ,of course she hated me for that.We tried to distract her for a few minutes,but she kept fighting us and running back to the water.So I decided to change her in to her swimsuit,but by the time I put her bottom on,she ran to the water and just before she could get wet,the sprinkler stopped !!! Gosh,she must have thought it was a big scheme that we planned:-)

We didnt want her to think of us as mean,scheming parents.......so we turned the water in the garden hose and she had the time of her life with water being sprayed by her dear cousin.The look on her face by being all wet and water dripping everywhere,was priceless!!!
Picture attached.

4 comments:

Poppins said...

So adorable she looks in that two piece.. And I refuse to comment on the potty training seeing how poppin is still not. :( Don't want to come across as a jealous monster:)

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

And you know OF Cantaloupes Amma, but you don't know here personally. I'm sure I've brought her name up a few times in conversation. More over email...

Big Zed said...

Cute picture!
I think she might be ready...you never know. I'm going thro potty training right now with no success. :-(

Miss D Mom(MDM) said...

BigZed:Thanks!I am not doing much with the training now,its so difficult to be consistent when it comes to making them sit on the potty everyday.
Good luck with yours!